Total: 4 hrs | Servings: 8
This 1-bowl Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake is perfect, and the use of blueberries is a great way too. The lemon flavor and the ricotta made it sweet and fluffy. I hope you’ll make a version of this recipe and enjoy it with your loved ones.
¾ cup granulated sugar
(5) tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
(3) large eggs, at room temperature (see Tip)
(¾) cup part-skim ricotta cheese
2 tbsp lemon zest
(2) tbsp lemon juice plus 1 tsp, divided
1 tsp vanilla extract
(1 ½) cups white whole-wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 tbsp packed confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Add and beat sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to medium-low and beat in ricotta, lemon zest, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, and vanilla until just combined. Sprinkle flour on top, then evenly sprinkle baking powder and salt over the flour. Use the mixer on low speed, beat until almost combined. Add blueberries and gently fold into the batter. Transfer to the prepared pan.
3. Bake it for an hour until it starts to brown around the edges, and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cooling for 20 minutes in the pan on a wire rack. Run a knife around the edge to loosen the cake, then invert it onto the rack. Carefully turn it right-side up. Let cool completely.
4. Clean the bowl, add confectioners’ sugar and whisk in the remaining tsp of lemon juice until smooth. Brush the glaze on the cake.
1. Make-Ahead Tip: Cover the cooled cake airtight and store for up to a day at room temperature; glaze just before serving.
2. Room temperature eggs make the cakes more fluffy. Here’s a fast trick — place them (in the shell) about 5 minutes into a bowl of lukewarm water.
Per Serving: 303 calories; 96 mg cholesterol; 319 mg sodium. 124 mg potassium; 44.9 g carbohydrates; 3.3 g fiber; 25 g sugar; 8.4 g protein; 433 IU vitamin a iu; 7 mg vitamin c; 15 mcg folate; 148 mg calcium; 4 mg iron; 9 mg magnesium; 21 g added sugar; 11 g total fat; 6.3 g saturated fat.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.