Prep. time: 15 mins | Cooking: 15 mins | Total: 30 mins | Servings: 12| Yield: 12 servings
This recipe is the test of time since nobody can withstand it. A traditional 7 Layer Salad recipe is never out of style. Seven Layer Salads are perfect for entertainment. It is easy to layer simple ingredients, cover them with a thick dressing, and cool them overnight. A basic but pretty side dish is ready to feed a crowd. It also works great with your favorite recipes for dinner, so don’t feel like waiting for a potluck or holiday to enjoy this dish. You can use any fresh vegetables in the seven-layer salad, but this is what we like best. Think about how vibrant the layers are in this recipe and add a little extra to make your signature salad.
1 pound bacon
(1) large head iceberg lettuce (totally rinsed, dried, and chopped)
(1) red onion, chopped
(1) (10 oz) package frozen green peas, thawed
(10 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped cauliflower
(1 ¼) cups mayonnaise
2 tbsp white sugar
⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Add bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside
2. Place the chopped lettuce in a large flat bowl, layer with onion, peas, shredded cheese, cauliflower, and bacon on top.
3. Prepare your dressing by whisking the mayonnaise, sugar, and Parmesan cheese together. Drizzle over salad, refrigerate until chilled.
Unfortunately, freezing a layered salad (or any salad recipe) is not a good idea. Frozen vegetables are mushy, and after you thaw it, the mayonnaise split and separate.
The perfect time to make overnight layered salad is the night before or at most four hours. Any sooner and the dressing will make the salad a little soggy. Make sure to carefully arrange it, scoop the dressing over the rim, cover it with plastic wrap or in a jar with a tightly sealed lid, and keep it cold until ready to serve.
Per Serving: 386.9 calories; 51.1 mg cholesterol; 667.3 mg sodium; 14.5 g protein; 9.9 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.