Prep. time: 10 mins | Cooking: 10 mins | Total: 20 mins| Servings: 24| Yield: 2 dozen
Everyone in their repertoire needs a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, and this is mine. It is the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe of all time. For many, many years, I have been making these, and everyone who tries them knows they ‘re delicious out of this world.
It is what a chocolate chip should be, crisp, chewy, perfectly buttery and sweet, and doughy yet fully baked. Enjoy the best chocolate chip cookies with your family and friends.
1 cup butter flavored shortening
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tsp Mexican vanilla extract
(2 ¼) cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), then grease cookie sheets.
2. Cream butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl, cream until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beat well with each addition, then whisk in the vanilla. Add and combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir gradually into the creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop onto prepared cookie sheets with rounded spoonfuls.
3. In a preheated oven, bake it for 8 to 10 minutes until light brown. Let it cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before being removed to a wire rack to cool off completely.
1. The trick to making this best gooey recipe for chocolate chip cookies is not to over-bake them. These cookies will not look finished at the end of the baking time but are.
2. If you over-mix the ingredients in this best recipe for chocolate chip cookies, you might end up with flat cookies. Over-mixing can also sometimes cause your ingredients to become too dry. If you notice this happening, you can chill the dough to return the batter to room temperature before baking.
3. If you want, you can use gluten-free flour, and the result will still be the same.
Per Serving: 241.2 calories; 20.2 mg cholesterol; 180 mg sodium; 2.7 g protein; 28.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.