Prep. time: 15 mins | Cooking: 30 mins | Total: 45 mins| Servings: 16| Yield: 16 servings
My mother, who is very passionate about baking, introduced me to this recipe. She thought to me how baking in life changes a person’s perspective. This recipe was very memorable to me as it was the last recipe she thought of me before she died. She knew that I am very fond of berries, any kind of berries, and I think that’s the reason why she chose this recipe to be the last one.
Whenever I bake it, I encourage my children always to help me, just like my mother taught me, and this is a staple in my family. It’s a kind of quality time with my family as well.
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp salt
1 cup milk
½ cup of vegetable oil
(2) eggs, beaten
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 tsp all-purpose flour, or as needed
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp white sugar, or more to taste
1. Preheat oven at about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), then grease and flour a 9×13 inches baking dish.
2. In a bowl, sift 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract; mix in a semi-thick batter.
3. Toss the blueberries in a separate bowl, use 2 tsp of flour.
4. Bake it in the preheated oven until cake is browned lightly, for 25 to 30 minutes. Brush the melted butter over the cake and sprinkle with approximately 2 tbsp of sugar. Continue baking until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 5 to 10 minutes more.
1. If you want to have a strong flavor of blueberries, you can add as more to your recipe.
2. With this recipe, I love fresh blueberries, but you can use them frozen. Thaw and toss with flour before using.
3. You can use nut milk or soy milk instead if you’re allergic to the dairy.
Per Serving: 253.3 calories; 28.3 mg cholesterol; 262.6 mg sodium; 3.5 g protein; 39.2 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.