It is just so simple and delicious, can’t-go-wrong, everyone-loves-it, super-easy-to-make, was-around-for the time being chocolate pie with a pudding filling, and my beloved could eat a slice of it every day of his life and never get bored. It is one of the reasons why my family’s relationship with each other tightens, so let me explain: in no world do they ever consider adorning with something his chocolate chip. You don’t need anything grandiose to make this recipe, just the simple ingredients, and you’re ready to go. To them, it would spoil this luscious dessert ‘s exquisite simplicity, and they see absolutely no rational explanation for it. Try and treat your family and friends with this dessert, enjoy.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING AND PIE FILLING
MIX ALL DRY INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
1 1/8 c sugar (add gently, then taste test)
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 tsp salt
3 Cups milk
3 TBS butter
1 1/2 tsp good vanilla extract
TIP: TOP WITH SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM
1. Add and mix all of the dry ingredients in a saucepan, whisk well.
2. Add milk gradually to the dry ingredients in the saucepan, whisk until smooth and combine.
3. Cook over high-heat medium, stirring constantly. The water comes to a boil. Let it boil for a minute.
4. Remove from the heat. Add melted butter and vanilla. Whisk to Blend.
5. Pour into Serving dishes or 9′′ Pie Crust Cooled Baked. Use a plastic wrap to cover the pie. Let it cool for 4-6 hours, or until it firms. Before serving, add and sprinkle sweetened chilled whip cream on top.
I use egg yolks and cornstarch both to thicken the chocolate pie filling in this recipe. The egg yolks are tempered and added to the filling of the hot pudding, which helps thicken them. The cornstarch supplements an additional thickening agent to help set up the pie even better.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.