Prep time: 20 min | Cooking: 40 min | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 6 | Yield: 1 9×13-inch baking dish
I love all kinds of crisps and crumbles, but particularly apple crisp is always a nostalgic favorite. This recipe blends the tried and true flavors of apple crisp with a special twist – like juicy apples spiced with cinnamon and sugar and overlaid with a crumble coating. Most of the apple crisps we’ve had in the past are either too dry on the inside, or too watery to produce a super soggy crumb coating rather than a crispy layer. A smooth apple pie filling bakes in a naturally occurring syrup topped by an exquisite cookie-like crumble of oatmeal. Serve the vanilla ice cream with a giant scoop and watch it melt all over your hot crumble. Try this Apple Crisp With Cinnamon Roll Crust, and enjoy it with your family and friends.
(1) (12.4 oz) package refrigerated cinnamon roll dough with icing
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ cup margarine softened
(8) eaches Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
¼ cup white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Roll the cinnamon rolls onto a work surface to desired thickness; press into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Mix oats, brown sugar, flour, a tbsp of cinnamon, and salt on a bowl; add margarine and mix until crumbly.
4. Spread the apples over cinnamon roll crust. Add and mix the white sugar and a tsp of cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over apples, and then add oat mixture on top.
5. Bake it in the preheated oven for about 40-50 minutes, until the apples are tender.
6. Add and place the icing in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until warmed, 20 to 30 seconds. Pour icing over crisp.
If you want the texture of the crumble to be perfect, then try using old-fashioned whole rolled oats for this recipe.
Per Serving: 674.1 calories; 0 mg cholesterol; 830.5 mg sodium; 6.6 g protein; 115.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.