I’d always say yes to a cake form of my favorite old fashioned donut. This soft apple-filled cake tastes exactly the same with a crumbly sugar glaze. Apple Fritter is a cake to die for!
What to use for Filling
1 heaping cup of sliced apples (I cored and quartered and then sliced)
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
small pinch freshly grated nutmeg
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. water
1/2 cup brown sugar (I used a 1/4 cup each of dark and light)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
What to use for Cake
1/3 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. greek yogurt (you could use plain yogurt as well or sour cream)
What to use for Glaze
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
6 tbsp. milk
HOW TO MAKE APPLE FRITTER CAKE
To make the filling
1. Combine the apples, sugar, water, cinnamon, and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
2. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on low heat. Constantly stir until thickened and the apples are a little soft. Set aside.
3. Add the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix until incorporated. Set aside.
To make the Cake
1. Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in the apple sauce and vanilla until well combined.
5. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Make sure to beat well every after each addition.
6. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
7. In 3 parts, add the dry ingredients into the batter alternately with the yogurt in 2 parts, and make sure to begin and end with the dry ingredients. Beat the mixture until just combined.
8. Use a spoon to transfer half of the batter into the prepared pan. And the cooled apple mixture over the batter.
9. Carefully and evenly spread apple mixture.
10. Sprinkle the top with the remaining brown sugar-cinnamon mixture.
11. Place inside the preheated oven and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle, once it comes out clean the cake is done.
To make the Glaze
1. Make the gale while waiting for the cake to bake. To do that you have to mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Beat until you achieve your desired consistency.
2. Pour the glaze as evenly as possible over the hot cake and let it sit for the glaze to set.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.