Prep time: 30 min | Cooking: 23 min | Additional: 15 min | Total: 1 hr 8min | Servings: 24 | Yield: 24 cookies
This Apple Pie Cookies With Cream Cheese Dough is a true family favorite. My dad used to make this when we were young. The moments where he was in the kitchen, busy cooking for our food is something that I treasure in my life. Unlike some of the families I know, we grew up not having a mom by our side, but our dad made sure that he’ll give us twice the love of a mother.
These cookies are also present during Christmas because why not, right? The combination of apple and cinnamon, plus, the other ingredients creates magic in our palates. I used to help my dad in the kitchen and try his dishes. I recommend these cookies for you all to try.
1 cup butter
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
5 tsp white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
(1) (15.25 ounce) can apple pie filling, or as needed
2 tbsp sugar, or to taste
1 tsp ground cinnamon, or to taste
1. Preheat oven about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add flour, 5 tsp sugar, baking powder, and a tsp of cinnamon; mix until the dough comes together.
3. Roll it (dough) onto a floured work surface into a 1/4-inch thick round. Cut out 48 circles with a cookie cutter.
4. Add and top 24 dough circles with a teaspoon of apple pie filling. Cover with the remaining 24 dough circles. Crimp edges with a fork to seal. Arrange cookies on lined baking sheets.
5. Bake until cookies are golden brown for 23 to 29 minutes in the preheated oven. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
6. In a shallow bowl, mix 2 tbsp sugar and a tsp cinnamon. Roll the warm cookies in sugar and cinnamon mixture until coated. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 159.3 calories; 28.1 mg cholesterol; 124.1 mg sodium; 1.7 g protein; 15 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.