I have been thinking of making homemade bread and since pineapple is my favorite I thought this would be perfect. Homemade King Hawaiian Rolls or Loaf is fairly easy to make but the result is surprisingly good! My family can’t get enough of it. It is sweet and rich in flavor. The roll is buttery and fluffy. And if making a loaf, it’ll be the perfect grilled cheese or french toast.
6 cups all-purpose flour, divided in half; plus an additional 1/2 cup flour
3 large eggs
2 cups pineapple juice, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar or Splenda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 pkg yeast (.25 oz each)
1/2 cup butter, melted (8 Tbsp)
How to Make Homemade King Hawaiian Rolls or Loaf
1. In a small bowl, beat eggs.
2. Add the pineapple juice, sugar, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Mix well.
3. In a large bowl, put 3 cups flour.
4. Stir in egg mixture until well combined.
5. One at a time, sprinkle in yeast packets while constantly mixing.
6. Now, add the remaining 3 cups flour and mix all together. You can use your hands to mix just to make sure all of the flour is well incorporated.
7. The dough should tacky or sticky but not too sticky. If the dough is too wet, sprinkle in a bit extra flour but just a tablespoon or so at a time.
8. Cover bowl with a clean kitchen towel. Set in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
9. After 1 hour, remove dough from the bowl. Knead in an additional 1/2 cup of flour. You can knead for maybe 10-15 times, making sure flour is incorporated well.
10. Form dough into rolls or loaf. Place them in buttered pans.
11. Cover dough and place in a warm place to rise until dough doubles in size. If making rolls, let rise for 1 hour and for loaves, for about 90 minutes.
12. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
13. Finally, brush the top with melted butter. Best serve when warm.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.