This easy keto breakfast casserole is about to change your meal preparation game with bacon, egg, and cheese. Not only do minimal ingredients and only 2 net carbs per serving contain them, but they also store in your fridge perfectly. The entire cook time is less than an hour, and while it is baking you can do something else. Better still, the total cooking time for the bacon is included, so no extra time is necessary.
Feel free to personalize this breakfast saucepan by adding in addition to green onions some of your favorite low carbon veggies such as bell pepper or broccoli. You can also try adding avocado or courgettes, which is an excellent way to supplement dietary fiber and nutrients. Don’t worry about mixing things and trying various cheeses or replacing bacon with ham or breakfast.
Non-stick cooking spray
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 cups broccoli florets
3 tbsp water
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar or Colby Jack
6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
4 large eggs
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley optional garnish
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F and spray a non-stick cooking spray 8 “x 8” cooking dish.
2. In a large anti-stick pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Fill with broccoli and water and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly smooth, bright green.
3. Take out of the heat and drain well. Transfer to a ready-made casserole dish and distribute it to a consistent layer. Sprinkle on top the cheese and the bacon and side aside.
4. Add and whisk the eggs with heavy cream, onion, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper as you please. Put the egg blend in broccoli, cheese, and bacon and bake for 17-23 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and allow 10 minutes to cool before slicing. Sprinkle fresh parsley if desired.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.