Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Servings: 6 portions
This hearty, healthy, and incredibly delicious casserole is a freezer-friendly breakfast and excellent if planning to feed the crowd. You can also easily turn this into Baked Denver Omelet Muffins by simply dividing the mixture into muffin tins.
1 tsp Butter
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Garlic chopped
1 tsp Ginger grated
8-10 Button Mushrooms cut in half
1 Red Bell Pepper cut into bite-sized squares
1 Green Bell Pepper cut into bite-sized squares
1 Onion cut into bite-sized squares
5-6 slices Ham cut into small pieces
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 tbsp Sriracha
How to make Baked Denver Omelet Breakfast Casserole
Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
Step 2: In a pan, heat the butter and oil. Add the ginger and garlic once hot and saute for about a minute. Add the mushrooms and stir fry for another 3 to 4 minutes over high heat. Then, add the bell peppers. Continue to stir fry for another 2 to 3 minutes before adding the onions. Cook for 2 minutes more over high heat. To taste, season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat off, then add the ham. Mix well.
Step 3: In a bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Step 4: Using oil, grease a baking dish. I used a 10 x 8-inches baking dish.
Step 5: To the prepared baking dish, transfer the veggies and ham mixture, then evenly pour the egg mixture over. If using grated cheese, sprinkle it on top. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes until completely cooked and the top is golden brown.
Step 6: Remove from the oven when done and allow the casserole to rest for a couple of minutes before slicing. Serve or store for later.
1. You can slice the vegetables to your preferred size.
2. To the egg, you can add grated cheese, cream, milk, or half and half. Whisk to incorporate.
3. Quickly stir-frying the veggies over high heat before adding the whisked eggs is important to make sure that the casserole will not be soggy or have watery parts.
4. Easily turn this recipe into Baked Denver Omelet Muffin Cups. Simply divide the cooked veggies into muffin tins, pour the eggs on top, and bake or microwave until completely cooked and golden brown. If using the oven, the cooking time should be about 10 to 12 minutes or 2 minutes in a full-powered microwave, adding another 30 seconds until the eggs are set.
5. You can freeze the casserole by slicing it into your desired size. Store them in an air-tight container and freeze. Pop in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute to reheat.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 233mg | Sodium: 421mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1011IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.