PREP TIME: 10 mins | COOK TIME: 15 mins | TOTAL TIME: 25 mins | SERVINGS: 4
Easily and quickly feed your family with these nutrient-chock full Baked Spinach Mushrooms Quesadillas. A delicious five-ingredient dish that even your pickiest eaters will love. Crispy baked quesadillas packed with a delicious, nutrient-loaded filling that is ready in under thirty minutes! Unquestionably my favourite and go-to, particularly on busy weeknights.
4 tortillas (8”)
olive oil (optional, enough to lightly coat the tortillas)
1 c. shredded mozzarella
1 c. shredded cheddar
3 c. roughly chopped spinach
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
How to make Baked Spinach Mushroom Quesadillas
Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: In a microwave-safe bowl, place the mushrooms and microwave for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until soft. When done, drain the mushrooms and set them aside.
Step 3: Optional: Using olive oil, lightly brush one side of the tortillas, the lay in a baking sheet oiled-side down.
Step 4: On half of each tortilla, dispense approximately half of the cheeses, top with spinach, mushrooms, and the remaining cheeses. Now, fold over the other half of the tortilla.
Step 5: Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 6 minutes. Flip the tortillas and resume baking for 6 to 7 minutes more until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is brown.
1. Like what I mentioned, lightly greasing the tortilla with oil is optional.
2. Using baby spinach will take some of the work as you don’t need to chop them anymore. It might look a bit pilled up so simply press it down a little after folding the second half of the tortilla over. Plus, when cooking, the spinach will also cook down.
3. For this recipe, you don’t necessarily need two varieties of cheeses. You can use either 2 cups of mozzarella or cheddar or a combination if desired.
4. Have fun with this recipe! Add different veggies you like but you must cook them first for a couple of minutes or microwave before using them in the quesadilla.
5. I always gravitate to using regular flour tortillas but you can use whatever you like.
6. If short in time, simply use/buy pre-sliced mushrooms.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2580IU | Vitamin C: 7.5mg | Calcium: 399mg | Iron: 2.2mg
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.