If you like bananas, shape, or type in any way, then these bars are for you. Typically, I don’t wholeheartedly support anything as I realize we all have different preferences, but please, try it. You can buy the ripest bananas if you don’t have ripe bananas on hand, then you will have them sitting on your desk until they turn black. The wait may be tortuously long, but let that be a lesson for you to have overripe bananas on hand to bake this.
Banana bread bars are so easy to make, they ‘re making people happy with the nasty spotted bananas sitting on your table, and I’m telling you, it’s like giving you warm hugs that make your heart flutter. These banana bars skyrocket in delight because the frosting starts with browned butter – a creamy, smidgeon of a layer. You’ll get a soft, moist, cakey banana bread overlapped with a creamy, almost caramel-like layer of sweet frosting, and every bite will make you happy in your lifetime.
For the Bars:
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cups mashed ripe bananas
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup butter
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at about 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Prepare a 15-inch jelly roll pan with grease and flour.
2. Add and beat white sugar, sour cream, 1/2 cup softened butter, and eggs until creamy, in a bowl with an electric mixer. Beat 2 tsp of vanilla extract in bananas. Add and stir in flour, baking soda, and salt for a minute. Stir walnuts into batter until they are evenly embedded, spread mixture in the pan.
3. In a preheated oven, bake it for about 27 minutes until brown.
4. Add and melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat in a large saucepan until it bubbles and golden brown for 3 to 5 minutes. Take off heat.
5. Whisk the sugar, milk, and vanilla from the confectioners into melted butter until you achieve smooth frosting consistency. Then, spread frosting over the refrigerated banana bar.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.