You ‘re probably wondering what the heck it is if you haven’t tried lo mein before. To put it briefly, lo mein is a fried noodle dish. A salty and sweet sauce, and beef or chicken is tossed to long, soft egg noodles. The ultimate result is an exquisite bowl. You probably heard about my close cousin “chow mein.” What is the difference between the two? Lo mein is a sauce dish from soft noodles. On the contrary, Chow mein calls for a longer time to fry to crispy the noodles. Both are super easy and delicious to make.
Lo Mein is a Chinese noodle dish often consisting of chicken or tofu-like sauce, vegetables, and a protein source. If you have diabetes, the high carbon content of this dish in Chinese restaurants might not fit into a healthy diet. Eat moderately to minimize the effects and healthy changes in blood sugar levels.
8 oz noodles (cooked according to instructions)
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup hot boiled water
1 tbsp Beef Better Than Bullion
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
oil (olive or sesame) for frying
1 lb beef
2 large carrots
2 cup broccoli
1 large onion
4 garlic cloves
1. Add the Than Bullion and the brown sugar into hot, boiled water; mix to dissolve. Add soy sauce to the blend and reserve.
2. Cut dice carrots, broccoli, and onion into 2-inch pieces. Presliced the beef into thin strips. Add with sesame oil, and cook beef until it is golden brown, remove from the pan, and set aside.
3. With the same pot used to cook beef, saute onions with sesame oil until golden brown. Remove from the pot. In the same skillet, add broccoli and cook around three minutes, saute the carrots to soften. Add garlic and press it in the same mixture.
4. Into the pot with vegetables add cooked beef. Add sauce to the ingredients and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
5. Add cooked noodles and combine them all.
6. Mix noodles, vegetables, and beef in a large dish. Mix them all and serve them while it’s still hot.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.