Yield: 5 CUPS | Prep Time: 15 MINUTES | Total Time: 15 MINUTES
I love the traditional vanilla buttercream frosting- with its light, creamy texture, this homemade frosting goes along with just anything! From cupcakes, cakes, or cookies! Nothing will beat the classic! And with a few simple ingredients, this best frosting comes together in a heartbeat!
1 1/2 cups (340 g) unsalted butter, softened
5 1/2 cups (660 g) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons heavy cream, room temperature
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
Step 1: Add the butter into a large mixing bowl with a handheld electric mixer or to a bowl of a stand mixer. Beat for about 5 minutes on medium-high speed until creamy and pale.
Step 2: Add in 1/2 confectioner’s sugar. Continue to beat on low speed until the sugar has completely moistened. Turning the speed to medium-high and beating for another 3 to 5 minutes until combined.
Step 3: Then, add in the rest of the confectioner’s sugar. Again, beat on low until moistened, then, adjusting to medium-high and beating until combined for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
Step 4: Add in the vanilla and salt. Adjust the mixer to low and gradually add in 3 tbsp heavy cream. Set the speed to medium-high and beat for another 3 to 5 minutes until the cream is combined. Scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl after 2 minutes.
Step 5: Check to see the consistency and if needed, add half tbsp of cream at a time. The consistency of the frosting must be soft and spreadable. It should not be too loose that the frosting can’t hold its form.
1. Before adding in the butter, properly softened it first. Not too soft that it looks oily but soft enough to bend.
2. The recipe will allow you to make 12 cupcakes or a double layer cake. Or half the recipe to make 12 cupcakes and a single layer cake,
3. To add some pop of colour, I recommend using gel food colouring. Adding in your desired amount during step 4.
MAKE AHEAD TIP:
1. You can store the frosting in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. And before mixing, allow the buttercream to come to room temperature. Just set it out on the counter for several hours.
2. Or freeze the frosting. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. When it is time to use, thaw the frosting in the fridge overnight. And allow coming to room temperature to soften.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 214TOTAL FAT: 13gSATURATED FAT: 8gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 4gCHOLESTEROL: 35mgSODIUM: 25mgCARBOHYDRATES: 25gFIBER: 0gSUGAR: 25gPROTEIN: 0g
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.