I can eat dessert forever, it is my comfort food, whenever I feel down. It is something that keeps me from moving forward. I like to add some fresh fruit here, and there is an effort to “keep things healthy.” In this recipe, my weapon of choice is blueberries because it is one of my favorite fruit. The show stars, blueberries are full of antioxidants, so folding them into this deliciously moist cake, helped by vanilla, and lemon that leads to a dessert that we can have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Blueberry Poundcake is a New England summer at its best, and delicious cakes like this serve all summer long in Maine restaurants. If you’re a Blueberry Poundcake lover, then this Blueberry Pound Cake is for you. It’s a dense, moist, buttery cake packed with prickly, juicy blueberries.
1/2 cup butter
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups of sugar
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup milk
1. Let the butter and eggs stand, for 30 minutes, at room temperature. Meanwhile, prepare a 10-inch tube pan that is greased and set aside.
2. Add and combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
3. Add and beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until the mixture is well balanced.
4. Beat the eggs
5. Stir blueberries into the flour mixture.
6. Stir the blueberry blend into a butter mixture by hand.
7. Stir in the milk before ready to mix.
8. Put the batter in the ready-made pan
9. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes in a 325 degrees F oven or until a wooden skewer inserted close to the middle comes out clean.
10. Let it cool on a 15-minute wire rack.
11. Cake loosen with a thin metal spatula from the edge of the plate.
12. Remove the cake from the pan; refrigerate on the wire rack.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.