Serving: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
One of my top picks to prepare for a family meal is the casseroles. They are economical, feed a crowd, and reheat well the leftovers. This casserole is great for those busy weekends and just as good for working the next day. The classic as the chicken and broccoli combination is good in a stir fry and, of course, in this casserole.
(4) Chicken breast, meat only, either broiler or fryer, raw
1 pound Broccoli, raw
(1) (10.75 oz) can Soup, cream of mushroom, canned, condensed, commercial
1 tbsp Salad dressing, mayonnaise, soybean oil, with salt
1 cup Cheddar cheese
1 cup stovetop Stuffing Mix Turkey-Dry KFT
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Boil the chicken until tender and shred or cut into bite-size pieces. Meanwhile, steam broccoli until crisp but tender.
3. In a small bowl, add and mix soup and mayonnaise, set aside. In a 9×13 inch baking dish layer the chicken, broccoli, soup mixture, and cheese. Add and sprinkle dry stuffing mix over the top and bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
1. You can use the leftover ham or turkey if you don’t have chicken breast, but the spirit of calling it the broccoli chicken casserole is gone. Also, you can use ground chicken.
2. Broccoli and cheddar are a popular combination, and Swiss add a little bit of flavor. Of course, you should swap the cheese out for something in your refrigerator.
3. Serve with a hearty recipe like this one that calls for some amazing dinner rolls (or garlic toast) to dip into the cheesy sauce and a fresh salad to compliment the rich flavors.
4. In reality, chicken broccoli casserole tastes better the next day if that is even possible. To store, simply cover the casserole platter with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from absorbing the odors from other refrigerator products. Reheat by tossing it back into the oven, or scoop out a part of it and microwave it to reheat.
Per Serving: 426.8 calories; 99.4 mg cholesterol; 1031 mg sodium; 40.2 g protein; 23.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.