Prep time: 15 min | Cooking: 30 min | Total: 45 min | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
This recipe from Broccoli Rice Casserole is made from scratch without condensed soup. Cook fresh broccoli until tender-crisp and fluffy rice combine in a homemade creamy cheesy sauce to make a family favorite side dish. Casseroles are the ideal weekend meal, and here we just love them. Our favorite casserole recipe is this Broccoli, Rice, Cheese, and Chicken Casserole, and it’s one of the boys and Chris’ most sought after meals – they just can’t get enough of it.
I love this casserole recipe because it’s as simple as making dinner. You guys, I don’t use a bowl, either. I mix it in a baking dish right up there. What can I say? I am lazy. I mostly use store-bought here ingredients, so dinner comes together super quickly. You will need cooked rice, but if you have it, leftover rice works too.
2 cups of water
2 cups uncooked instant rice
(2) (10 oz) cans of chunk chicken, drained
(1) (10.75 oz) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
(1) (10.75 oz) can of condensed cream of chicken soup
¼ cup butter
1 cup milk
1 (16 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli
(1) small white onion, chopped
1 pound processed cheese food
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a saucepan, bring the water to boil. Mix in the instant rice, cover, and remove it from the heat. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the prepared rice, chicken, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, butter, milk, broccoli, onion, and processed cheese in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
4. In a preheated oven, bake it for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Stir it halfway through cooking to help cheese melt evenly.
This ingredient is used in the same way as the cornflakes (other crackers still work).
You can use whatever cheese you want, or use as many cheeses as you want.
Per Serving: 756.1 calories; 109.5 mg cholesterol; 1642.3 mg sodium; 36 g protein; 82.7 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.