Prep: 20 min | Cook: 20 mins
Have you ever got moments when you can’t tell whether you want a warm chocolate chip cookie or a brownie fudgy? That’s why in your life, you need the brookie — the half brownie – half cookie. In all these indecisive moments, it is perfect. Brookies are a friendly mix of two classic treats in one. It is a dessert bar made from a layer of cookie batter over brownie batter.
For Cookie Layer:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(1 1/4) cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
For Brownie Layer:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup cocoa powder
(1/2) cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
2. Beat softened butter, light brown sugar, 1/4 c of white sugar, and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract until creamy in a large bowl. Add an egg; beat until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add and whisk 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Gradually add and stir flour mixture into the butter mixture until dough is combined. Stir chocolate chips into the dough. Add and spread the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to cover completely.
4. In a bowl, add a cup of white sugar, melted butter, and a tsp of vanilla extract, then stir, add (2) eggs, and beat well. Mix cocoa powder into butter mixture until well-combined. Add and stir 1/2 c of flour, baking powder, and 1/8 tsp of salt into cocoa mixture until batter is combined. Pour the brownie batter over cookie dough and spread to cover completely.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brookies comes out clean for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Instead of making the cookies, you can use a store brought chocolate chip cookie dough.
Per Serving: 246 calories; 52 mg cholesterol; 189 mg sodium; 2.8 g protein; 12.8 g fat; 32.4 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.