The recipes are so easy. No dough or biscuit cutters must be even rolled out. And you know that during those busy weeknights, everyone is searching for an easy snack to cook especially for working moms. No cookie-cutter is necessary! Since I began to do these, I also slightly changed it. Instead of milk, I began using buttermilk and doubled the ingredients so they were thicker. We love them it’s so big and flawless. Now, if you want a smaller and thinner biscuit, you can certainly cut this recipe into half. But I like mine following the recipe.
I have all the ingredients available so I’m ready to make this recipe every time. I usually serve soup and salad for my family. But I like to surprise them from time to time, and with this easy to follow the recipe I can do that without wasting so much time and energy. Also, I can bond with them more.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1/2 cup salted butter 1 stick
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 450F.
2. Melt a butter stick in a microwave (or you can use the bakery that you will bake in if it’s microwave-safe).
3. In an 8×8 baking dish, add the melted butter.
4. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
5. Garnish with butter. Stir until a loose dough is achieved. The batter is going to be somewhat sticky.
6. Pour the biscuit dough (right on melted butter) to the baking dish. You don’t need to worry if some butter will run over the dough, it happens all the time.
7. Cut the dough into nine squares. This helps to cut when you are done later, too.
8. Bake 20-25 minutes, baked, turning dish once.
9. Oven times vary because different ovens have various hot spots, but mainly golden brown cookies are supposed to touch and spring back.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.