These hearty, flavourful beans make a great serving barbecue dish. You may even carry them to a party or potluck, in the right slow cooker. This is a perfect plate to pair with pulled pork or pulled chicken. The canned baked beans are an important component of this dish because of the flavor they offer, but you can change the other types of canned beans.
Calico beans are tangy and sweet. They are tasty, heart-filled, packed, frugal, cheerful, and crazy. Those beans may also be a side dish. For a hearty meal, add more beef, and serve them with coleslaw and hot baked cornbread or biscuits.
1/2 cup bacon, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (15 oz) can pork and beans
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
1 (15 oz) can butter beans
1 (15 oz) can lima beans, drained
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chopped onion
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp mustard powder
1/2 cup chopped celery
1. Preheat oven at about 175 C (350 degrees F).
2. Put the bacon and ground beef into a dark, large skillet. Cook until uniformly brown, over medium-high heat. Drain and set aside.
3. Mix the bacon, ground beef, pork and beans, kidney beans, butter beans, lima beans, ketchup, cabbage, vinegar, dry mustard, and celery in a four-quarter casserole dish.
4. Bake and cover for 1 hour.
1. Bacon cooking has two excellent ways: baked or fried. Heat the oven to 375 F for boiled bacon. Place foil in a rimmed baking dish. In the oven, arrange the bacon and bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until it is crisp.
2. Place the bacon strips in a saucepan for fried bacon, and position over medium-low heat. Turn it over when you find that the bacon curls slightly. Continue to cook until browned, turning periodically. You may have to fry it in lots, depending on the amount of bacon you cook. Remove the paper towels from the bacon to drain.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.