Prep time: 20 mins | Cooking: 30 mins | Additional: 3 hrs | Total: 3 hrs 50 mins | Servings: 12 | Yield: 1 9×13-inch cake
Just when you figured butter pecan cake was the world’s most delicious thing, this Carolina Butter Pecan Cake Bars recipe comes along, which brings the wickedly sweet treat to a whole new level.
2 tbsp butter
1 ½ cups pecan pieces
For the Cake:
2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp butter extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
For the Frosting:
6 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
(11 oz) cream cheese softened
⅔ cup butter softened
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract
1 tbsp milk, or more as needed
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. In a heavy skillet, melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Add and cook the pecans until coated for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
3. In a bowl, add the white sugar and a cup of butter; beat it with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one by one, and each time beat well.
4. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add milk alternately to the creamed butter mixture, beat just until combined. Fold in pecans, then pour batter into the prepared pan.
5. In a preheated oven, bake it until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Add and beat confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, 2/3 cup of butter, 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, and almond extract in a bowl until smooth. To give the frosting a spreadable consistency, you must beat in enough milk.
7. In a bowl, divide the hot cake in half and chop half. Stir in 1/4 of the frosting. Repeat the procedure with the remaining half and stir in an additional 1/4 of the frosting. Spread the mixture back into the baking pan; then press flat with your fingers. Spread the remaining frosting over the pressed cake mixture.
8. Before you cut into bars, refrigerate until firm for 3 to 4 hours.
Per Serving: 974 calories; 165.2 mg cholesterol; 483.9 mg sodium; 9.5 g protein; 128.9 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.