PREP TIME: 10 MINS | COOK TIME: 15 MINS | TOTAL TIME: 25 MINS | SERVINGS: 4
This is another one of my favourite quesadillas. Chock full of nutrients, delicious, and crispy. So good, even your pickiest eaters will love this and not mind the veggies! Easy to make using only a few ingredients and ready in less than thirty minutes, this Baked Spinach Mushroom Quesadillas is the perfect dish to feed your entire family – super filling and healthy!
4 tortillas (8”)
olive oil (optional, enough to lightly coat the tortillas)
1 c. shredded mozzarella
1 c. shredded cheddar
3 c. roughly chopped spinach
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
How to make Baked Spinach Mushroom Quesadillas
Step 1: Prepare the oven. Preheat it to 400 degrees F.
Step 2: In a microwave-safe bowl, place the mushrooms and microwave for about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until soft. When done, drain the mushrooms and keep them aside.
Step 3: With olive oil (optional), lightly brush one side of the tortillas. And on a king sheet, place the tortillas oiled side down.
Step 4: On one side of the tortillas, distribute about half of the cheeses. Add the spinach followed by the mushrooms, and the remaining cheeses. Then, fold the other half of the tortilla over.
Step 5: Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 6 minutes. Turn on the other side and continue to bake for 6 to 7 minutes more until the cheese has melted and the brown on the outside.
1. You can skip the oil that is desired and save yourself a couple of calories.
2. It’s okay if you do not chop the baby spinach. They will pile up but after folding the second half of the tortilla over, you can just smash it down a bit. And they will cook down in the oven.
3. For this recipe, you can simply use 2 cups of mozzarella or 2 cups of cheddar cheese or your choice of combo.
4. Play around with the different veggies. Just remember to cook down the veggies first before adding them to the quesadillas. Or just microwave for a couple of minutes.
5. You can use your choice of tortilla to make this recipe.
6. Use pre-sliced mushrooms if short in time.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2580IU | Vitamin C: 7.5mg | Calcium: 399mg | Iron: 2.2mg
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.