One of my favorite foods was always bread. Not the ho-hum loaves, but soulful craftsmanship made with love in bakeries and homemade kitchens, are the most popular in the grocery stores. I ‘d bake bread each day if I had the time. Time is something that I will never have enough and probably bread is something I shouldn’t eat every day. Quick bread is great for whatever they may be in last-minute bread needs. It only takes minutes to set up. No rise, no kneading – just blend and bake. However, quick bread and yeast bread are certainly different. A quick bread sometimes gets dense, humid, and even crumbly – more along the lines of a tender biscuit. A yeast bread in the taste & texture is lighter and more complex.
This bread is marvelously eaten or a generous butter smear. I serve it as a snack or with a big soup bowl or a hearty meal. This bread goes completely with so many soups, it is very tender. For cheese lovers like me, this bread is truly a treasure that we could never deny.
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
1 cup milk
1 large egg beaten
2 tbsp butter melted
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan
2. Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic powder, and salt in a big mixing bowl. Stir the cheese from the mixture. Set aside
3. Mix milk, egg & butter in a separate bowl.
4. Combine the dry ingredients with liquid ingredients. Stir until mixed. Make sure to not overmix.
5. In the loaf pan, pour the mixture.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the loaf turned golden brown ought to be the top.
7. Let it cool in the wire rack, then when it cools completely remove it from the loaf pan. Slice and serve.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.