Cheesesteak Style Sloppy Joes is filled with flavors reminiscent of grilled cheesesteaks. This fast and simple sloppy joe sandwiches are made with ground beef and are filled with bell pepper and onion, then melty cheese. Although these sloppy joes aren’t like a traditional cheesesteak sandwich – they make the family a fantastic, low-cost alternative and a great weekend meal. Plus, they are made from ingredients that are simple, easy to find. The best part is that you can easily tailor your sloppy joes to suit your family’s tastes.
If you have never had one before, a sloppy joe is a “sandwich made up of ground beef or pork, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, eaten on a hamburger bun.” If you love anything related to the cheesesteak, you’ll love my sloppy joes-style cheesesteak recipe.
1 lb ground beef
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp unsalted butter
(1) Small onion
(1) green bell pepper
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beef broth
1 tbsp cornstarch
(4) slices white American or provolone cheese
1. Heat a medium-heat saute pan. Ground beef crumbles and season with salt and pepper, then cook until brown. Remove, and set aside from the oven.
2. Add butter to the saucepan. Add onion and bell pepper once melted, and saute until the onions are translucent.
3. Take the ground beef back to the pan to cook. Stirring to mix, add garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth. Attach the cornstarch and dissolve before stirring. This makes the beef broth thicken and produces a sauce.
4. Reduce heat to moderate. Cover meat mixture with slices of cheese and make sitting for 1-2 minutes, or until melted. Remove from heat, spoon onto rolls, and immediately serve.
1. If you’re against using bell peppers or onions in your sloppy joes, then consider replacing one with a diced button mushrooms.
2. They can make this recipe with any ground meat. Alternatively, try ground chicken or ground turkey if you want to make a lower-calorie version.
3. White American cheese can be supplemented with smoked provolone cheese, but white American cheese is my favorite option-it ‘s rich and fluffy, adding extra flavor.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.