These Cheesy Baked Burritos are so simple for a busy weekend dinner. My family loves them, and I love how quickly they plan. The bubbly golden cheese on top is always a hit. Everyone wants the burrito smothered with most cheese on it. I can’t say I blame them.
One of the simplest recipes I’ve ever come across. Serve this during the meeting of family and/or friends, and get ready for questions about this recipe.
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
1 c. enchilada sauce
Juice of 1 lime
Freshly ground black pepper
can black beans, drained
2 c. cooked white rice
1 c. cheddar cheese, divided
1 c. Monterey Jack cheese
6 large flour tortillas
Sour cream, for serving (optional)
Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
Chopped cilantro, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven at about 350 F.
2.Heat olive oil in a big, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and then sauté until soft. Stir in the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add chicken and approximately 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, or until the chicken is completely covered. Add lime juice and stir in salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook one burrito at a time, lay on a cutting board a tortilla, or a clean job service. To the center add a scoopful of each rice and beans. Attach the chicken mixture then cover each of the two kinds of cheese with a small handful.
4. Reserve around 1⁄2 cup of total cheese before baking, to sprinkle on the burritos. Roll the burrito tightly and place them in a large saucepan. Repeat with tortillas left on.
5. Pour over the burritos the remaining enchilada sauce then sprinkle on top with the extra cheeses. Cover for about 15 minutes, before the cheese is melted.
6. If needed, garnish with cilantro and serve with sour cream and hot sauce.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.