This Cheesy Creamed Corn Casserole is super simple, mixes in 5 minutes together, and is the perfect side dish for all your vacation dinners. Food doesn’t always have to be elegant or complicated to be nice and highly regarded. I find it fascinating how many memories are conjured up just by mentioning a particular recipe, seeing it in a picture, or smelling something familiar. Corn casserole is a side dish of comfort food that never gets old. Chili, chili, grilled chicken or fajitas go fine.
It is a meal perfect for all occasions, at the end of the day and goes there with almost every main course. Corn Casserole on your holiday table, with your choice of cheese and chives. A creamy, soft pudding of corn with a delicious base of cornbread — filled with two types of corn, sour cream, and melted butter. You’ll love how easy it is to make it! Everybody asks you for the recipe.
1 (15 oz) can of drained whole kernel corn (reserve 1/2 liquid from the kernel corn)
1 (14.75 oz) can cream-style corn
1 (8 oz) package dry cornbread mix
1 cup sour cream
8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven at about 200 ° C (400 ° F). Gently grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. Combine corn, reserved liquid, eggs, cornbread mixture, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl; whisk until blended. In a prepared saucepan, pour the batter and sprinkle cheese on top.
3. Bake 30 minutes in a preheated oven until golden brown.
1. Replace each 3/4 cup cornbread mix: cornmeal and flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 Tbsp. baking powder. Continue as ordered
2. Prepare as directed by adding 1/4 cup to the batter with each finely chopped red peppers and green onions, before spooning into the baking dish.
3. The second fun fact about this cheesy, creamy cornbread saucepan recipe is that it can be easily changed to make a saucepan.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.