This might be one of the best Pies I have ever had! My friend hooked me up with this recipe a couple of weeks ago. At first, I was hesitant to make it because it was difficult to execute the procedures but when I tried it, it wasn’t difficult at all. You just need to follow it step by step and don’t skip. I hope you like it! Enjoy!
3 pounds fresh freestone peaches, peeled and sliced
1 cup white sugar, divided
1 tiny pinch salt
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 pastry for a 10-inch double-crust pie
1 1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into tiny pieces
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, or to taste
1 tablespoon white sugar, or to taste
How to make Chef John’s Peach Pie
1. Ready the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, add 1/2 cup sugar, salt, and peaches. Stir until well-mixed and let it chill for at least 30 minutes. Strain the juice from the peaches. Set aside the juice and put the peaches back to the bowl.
3. Pour the juice into a saucepan and place it on the stove. Turn the heat to high until it boils. Turn the heat to medium and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes until the sauce becomes thick and turns into syrup.
4. In a small bowl, add cornstarch, flour, and 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk until well-blended.
5. Add lemon juice, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper into the saucepan with the peaches then transfer the flour and whisk until fully coated.
6. Add in the peach syrup into the peach mixture. Stir until well-mixed.
7. Fit a 10-inch pie plate by rolling out half of the pastry. Put the crust on the bottom of the pie plate then transfer ours in the peach filling. Press down the pie plate against the surface for the fillings to set properly then top with butter.
8. Roll the other half of the crust into an 11-inch round shape and slice it into 1-inch strips. Use a pastry wheel or any kind of knife.
9. Arrange 5 pie crusts on top of the pie. Swerve the rest of the pastry dough strips to make a crisscross pattern on top.
10. Fold the edges of the crisscrossed strips on the bottom crust and compress.
11. Add cream on top. Use a brush to spread the cream then top with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
12. Place in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until it becomes bubbly and the color turns to brown. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool to room temperature. Serve and Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.