Servings: 30 | Yield: 5 dozen
Coconut is a flavor I can’t help but enjoy in every dessert. Even the coconut is amazing in some savory recipes. It’s also one of those flavors that don’t suit a season really, so it’s great to indulge all year round. These delicious cookies are soft and chewy but full of crunchy toasted coconut for lots of flavors and a nice play of textures. They are easy to make and will dazzle the palate of any coconut lover. I hope you’ll like this recipe, and enjoy this Chewy, Crispy Coconut Cookies with your family and friends
½ cup butter
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
(1 ⅓) cups flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Stir the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder, then stir into the creamed mixture. Add oatmeal, crushed cereal, and coconut, mix until combine.
3. On a cookie sheet, drop dough by teaspoonfuls. The cookies are set to be about 2 inches apart. In a preheated oven, bake it for 10 to 12 minutes. Make sure the cookies are light brown at the edges and on the bottom. Remove it form baking sheets and let it cool on a wire rack.
1. Using a food processor prepares the dough a snap. Do not over-process the dough to ensure the cookies have a light texture; it should still be slightly loose and crumbly when you begin to shape the balls.
2. You can keep these cookies in a sealed container for a week. You can freeze the cookie dough for a maximum of two months, then thaw and bake as needed.
Per Serving: 100.6 calories; 14.3 mg cholesterol; 130.4 mg sodium; 1.2 g protein; 14.5 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.