PREP TIME: 20 MINS | COOK TIME: 20 MINS | TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS | SERVINGS: 4 people
This is the best Stir Fry I’ve had! Juicy, crispy chicken pieces, and green beans cloaked in the most amazing sweet chilli sauce. Easily throw this stir fry together in a jiffy.
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into cubes
3 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ c. vegetable oil plus 2 tablespoons or more as needed
2 bell peppers sliced
1 c. steamed green beans in a bag
½ tablespoon garlic cloves minced
¼ teaspoon ginger (optional)
1 teaspoon garlic powder (add more for taste)
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
⅛ teaspoon sesame oil
1 ¼ c. sweet chilli Sauce
How to make Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry
Step 1: Place the diced onion and a tbsp oil in a large bowl. Add in the garlic and half tsp salt and pepper, then toss to coat the chicken. Sprinkle in the cornstarch and mix until the chicken pieces are completely coated.
Step 2: Heat 3 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the skillet in small batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook the chicken, turning the pieces often and adding more oil to the pan as needed. Place the cooked chicken to the side and resume cooking the second batch until crispy.
Step 3: To the pan, add the bell peppers and saute until soft. Then, add in the minced garlic and continue to cook until aromatic. Now, add the chicken, green beans, sweet chilli sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and crushed red peppers to the skillet. Stir well until everything is combined and coated in chilli sauce.
Step 4: Remove from the heat when done and enjoy over rice.
1. For this recipe, you can use either fresh, frozen, a bag of steamed green beans, or canned green beans. Make sure to trim the ends if using fresh green beans.
2. Feel free to use your fave store brand sweet chilli sauce.
3. Fresh green beans take a while to cook if they are not sauteed first.
4. Make sure to use room-temperature chicken to make this recipe. Clean and pat them dry with paper towels before cooking.
5. Chicken thighs are my best option because they are filled with juicy flavor and they don’t dry out at high temperatures.
6. Turning the chicken every so often while cooking until they turn golden brown ensure crispy chicken.
7. Add the canned green beans a couple of minutes before the stir fry is done and continue to cook until warmed through.
8. Thaw the frozen green beans, then pat them dry using paper towels before adding them to the stir fry and continue to cook until heated through.
9. If using a bag of steamed frozen green beans, microwave them inside its bag or thaw before taking them out of the bag and patting dry with paper towels. Add the sweet chilli sauce first before adding in the green beans and continue to cook until heated through.
10. Feel free to cook the bell peppers until your preferred tenderness.
11. Omit the green beans if you prefer and replace them with your fave veggies.
Calories: 616kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 1014mg | Potassium: 825mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 2474IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 3mg
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.