Healthy recipes aren’t coming to me easily. I find it difficult to find healthy recipes I like and look forward to doing, which is why when I discovered this recipe I rushed to the kitchen and tried making one. A delicious mini version of a taco is Wonton Tacos! Baked in small cups, the wrappers are then stuffed with taco meat, cheese and topped like a taco. These Wonton Tacos are a perfect treat or aperitif for parties. The secret trick to turn wonton wrappers into taco coats, by using two inverted muffin tins to create a shape containing all that delicious meat, veggies, and sauce. Wonton packs are the only thing you need to cook if you pick up a pre-cooked chicken in the food store.
⅓ head red cabbage, sliced and chopped
4 small carrots, peeled and grated
¼ cup coleslaw dressing
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 pound ground chicken
¼ cup stir-fry sauce
14 wonton wrappers
1. In a bowl, mix cabbage, carrot, coleslaw, vinegar, and soy sauce; cool to blend the flavors for an hour, for best result refrigerate for overnight.
2. Preheat oven at about 350 ° F (175 ° C).
3. Heat sésame oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the chicken on a warm skillet, stir for 5 to 7 minutes until brown crumbly. Add stir-fry sauce, cover skillet, cook and reduce to low heat.
4. Form wonton wrappers into taco shapes and set between the cups of an inverted muffin tin.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 4 to 5 minutes until firm and slightly browned. Into each wonton taco shell, top with slaw, and 2 to 3 tablespoons chicken mixture.
1. If desired, the ground chicken can be replaced with chicken breast or turkey.
2. Instead of the red cabbage, green cabbage can be used.
3. Instead of coleslaw dressing, plain yogurt can be used. If desired, olive oil may substitute sésame oil.
4. Use red pepper flakes in meat mixture as required for a spicy option.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.