Total: 6 hrs and 20 mins | Additional: 6 hrs and 20 mins| Servings: 12| Yield: 12 slices
Strawberries and chocolate are certainly among the best dessert combinations, especially if you put fresh strawberries on top of it. Who wouldn’t agree? First, the crust of Oreo is in there. You really can’t beat an Oreo crust, in my opinion, and I certainly lean on the crust toward hard. It keeps the incredible filling up perfectly.
4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
(1) (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk, (Eagle Brand®)
¼ cup lemon juice
(1) (8 oz) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
(8) OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, finely chopped
1 tbsp butter, melted
1. Line 9×5-inch loaf pan with a foil, with foil, ends running over pan tops. In a large bowl, mash 2 cups of strawberries, then add the condensed milk, juice, and 2 cups whipped toppings; blend well, pour into a prepared pan.
2. Mix up sliced cookies and butter. Spoon over a mixture of whipped toppings. Cover with foil ends and gently press cookie mixture into a mixture of whipped tops. Freeze for six hours, or until strong.
3. When ready to serve, invert dessert onto serving plate; remove pan and foil. Pour the remaining whipped topping over the dessert and sides. Slice of 2 cups of strawberries; place over dessert. Place the remaining in a freezer.
1. Make sure to leave enough foil hanging over the sides of the pan to be adequate to cover the dessert entirely.
2. To mash the strawberries, use a fork or potato masher
3. I like to keep it in the freezer for a couple of hours and then take it out for about 15 minutes before serving to allow it to soften a little, but still ensure clean slices. The bits will not be sliced just as clean as the one in these pictures when it is refrigerated. It just depends on how you chill it up to your personal preference.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 103 mg sodium; 24 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 9.2 g total fat; 14 mg cholesterol
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.