Prep time: 30 mins| Cooking: 15 mins| Total: 45 mins| Servings: 12| Yield: 1-9×13 inch baking dish
Cooking was sure to be part of my future because I was surrounded by so many women who participated in family cooking, friends, church events, and the neighborhood. This is somewhat a way for us to bond and communicate with each other. I remember when I was around 18 years old, I was invited to a party. When I was there I had the chance to talk to my friend’s grandmother, by the way, she’s so sweet. She knows I’m really into baking, so she introduces this recipe to me, she said, it was something that she treasures because her husband gave that recipe to her. This Chocolate Pecan Delite is the most intensely flavored pecan pie you will ever make.
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup butter
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
3 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
(1) (3.9 oz) package of instant chocolate pudding mix
(1) (3.4 oz) package of instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups of milk
2 tbsp chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven at about 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
2. Cut butter into the flour in a medium bowl with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Stir in pecans, press a 9×13-inch baking dish into the bottom, and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Let it cool completely.
3. Combine cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and a cup of whipped topping in a medium bowl until smooth with an electric mixer. Whisk the chocolate pudding mix, vanilla pudding mix, and milk together in a separate bowl until there are no lumps. Combine a mixture of cream cheese and milk and stir until smooth. Pour over cooled crust. Add and spread the remaining 2 cups of whipped topping over the pudding mixture. Add and sprinkle over all 2 tbsp of chopped nuts. Let it cool in the refrigerator before serving.
Per Serving: 422.3 calories; 45.7 mg cholesterol; 379.4 mg sodium; 5.7 g protein; 41.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.