Honey Bun Cake is a super simple, moist, and tasty cinnamon swirl cake. If you love the taste of cinnamon rolls, this Honey Bun Cake will drive you nuts. It is a doctored cake mix recipe with a simple glaze topped. It’s fantastically sweet and can be eaten for breakfast or snacks as a dessert or with a cup of coffee. This Honey Bun Cake is so straightforward but so good. Sure it will become a favorite of the family.
(1) (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
1 cup buttermilk
½ tsp baking soda
¾ cup of vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
¾ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven at about 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch cake pan.
2. Whisk the cake mixture, buttermilk, sugar, baking soda, and vegetable oil together in a bowl until well mixed. Stir the brown sugar and cinnamon into a separate bowl. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan, and in some places, spoon the cinnamon sugar onto the mixture. Gently stir the cinnamon sugar into the cake batter using the spoon, leaving sugar mixture streaks and ribbons (don’t overmix).
3. In the preheated oven, bake the cake for 30-35 minutes, or until the toothpick in the center comes out clean. Take the cake from the oven, and use a table knife to punch holes all over the cake.
4. Whisk milk, vanilla extract, and candy sugar in a bowl to make a smooth and runny frosting, then spread the icing around the cake to soak into the holes. Let the cake cool before serving.
1. This cake is so moist that it will last for a minimum time of four or five days. Just make sure to cover it up well so it won’t dry out.
2. You don’t need a mixer, just a large bowl, and a brush.
3. Before serving the leftovers, put them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Per Serving: 534.5 calories; 64.9 mg cholesterol; 392 mg sodium; 5.2 g protein; 83.7 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.