A wide variety of spices is sampled with this tasty Coney Island ground beef hot dog sauce. The chili sauce on classic coney dogs is standard, and this version is easy to prepare and cook, and it’s delicious. The hot dog “Coney Island” came from Michigan rather than Coney Island, New York. In reality. The famous hot dog, two in Detroit, Michigan, and one in Jackson, Michigan, has been created by at least three restaurants.
People might disagree about what makes an authentic Coney Island hotdog; however, you’ll agree that this recipe is delicious. You would want to know how to make this spicy hotdog with overflowing flavors. I would also like to note that I read article after article about traditional Coney Island Hot Dogs online, and I am sure that no-one will ever settle on what a “real” Coney Island Hot Dog recipe is, which is fine by me. I never visited Coney Island, and never had an authentic Coney Island Hot Dog, but I can say this is delicious and worth making 100%. And that is what’s important, right? I do this on special occasions, and it’s a hit with friends and family all the time. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped onion
(1) clove garlic, minced
1 8 oz can seasoned tomato sauce
1/ 2 tsp each chili powder, monosodium glutamate, and salt
1. Slowly but thoroughly, brown ground beef breaks with a fork till fine.
2. Add remaining ingredients; cook for 10 minutes, uncovered.
3. It makes 12 Coney Islands Sauce.
1. Put it in a food processor or a potato masher to mash the beef during your cooking for the best quality of ground beef.
2. Standard hot dog buns, not New England-style, are used for coney dogs.
3. Try to serve the chili over waffle fries instead of hotdogs. Sprinkle the cheddar and chopped ounces with shredded cheese.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.