Prep: 15 min | Cook: 50 mins | Additional: 50 min | Total: 1 hr 55 min | Servings: 12 | Yield: 2 loaves
Have you ever tried the lemon bread from Starbucks? As much as I enjoy baked desserts, I can’t turn down a slice of their lemon bread. It’s so tender and packed so much lemon flavor in every single slice. I remember when I was a student, I’d go to Starbucks and do my homework. And without any hesitation, I’d order this lemon bread, a perfect bread with bitterness, and the lemon flavor completes the bread without being too sour. This lemon loaf cake recipe has been quite a long time in the making. I don’t even know how much I practice and fail just to create the best version for me. If you’ve ever had Starbucks’ Lemon Loaf, you know how delicious it is. Full of lemon flavor, warm, thick, and rich. Something so perfect I shouldn’t want to know how to make at home, but I couldn’t leave well enough alone.
For the Cake:
(1) (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
(1) (4.3 oz) package non-instant lemon pudding mix
½ cup of vegetable oil
(4) large eggs
(8 oz) sour cream
½ cup milk
6 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the Icing:
2 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
3 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 loaf pans.
2. Add and combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, sour cream, milk, and 6 tbsp of lemon juice into the bowl of a / stand mixer, beat for 2 minutes, and pour into prepared loaf pans.
3. In the prepared oven, bake for 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool in the pans for 20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. In a bowl, add and whisk confectioners’ sugar and 3 tbsp of lemon juice until smooth, spoon over the loaves evenly and let it set before slicing about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 477.4 calories; 72 mg cholesterol; 371.9 mg sodium; 5 g protein; 70.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.