Sweet and delicate, these simple Corn Fritters are a perfect way to use fresh sweet corn once the novelty of eating fresh corn-on-the-cob has worn off a bit, and you’re looking for something different. To highlight their sweetness, serve these plain or with a hot salsa Fresca, cilantro sauce, or other kicky sauce. Be prepared to discover a great way to cook fresh vegetables, if you haven’t made this before. To make more of this delicious and mouthwatering recipe, feel free to double this recipe.
(1) can whole kernel corn
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 shredded cheese
(1) pat butter
2 tbsp oil
1. Add an mix the corn kernels, sugar, flour, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
2. Put one-half tsp salt and one-fourth tsp pepper.
3. Stir in the heavy cream and eggs until well-combined with the batter.
4. Now, line up paper towels on a plate.
5. Then coat a large sauté pan with vegetable oil at the bottom then put over medium-high heat.
6. Scoop 2- to 3-tbsp of corn batter mounds into the pan once the oil is soft, spreading it gently into a smooth, circular shape.
7. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook once, and then cook for another 4 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
8. Transfer it to the towel-lined sheet of paper, season them with salt immediately and repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
9. Garnish the corn chips with scallions and dip them into a savory cream or garlic aioli.
It is simple to cut kernels from corn ears the best and least messy way: put one end of an ear in an open bowl, cut off your kernels, cut down your cob and get out of you. This approach helps the kernels to sink into the bowl and bowl and avoid juicy splatters. When you work with many hands, the cut kernels can need to be pushed to one side of the bowl or another to make space to make a correct cut, but this works to prevent corn kernels from flying around the kitchen.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.