Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti are beautifully fresh and crunchy, with bright red dried cranberries and lovely green pistachio nuts suited for the holidays. Such biscotti are lower in fatter than other cookies because they do not contain butter, which makes them a nice alternative during the Christmas season to all the other rich baked goods. The Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti is crunchy and good for a morning coffee or afternoon snacks.
Some biscotti contain butter, but the Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti uses for binding all dry ingredients together. The name Biscotti serves as a description of a long, dry, harsh, twice cookie with a curved, curved top and flat base for wine or coffee dunking. It derives from “bis,” meaning twice in Italian and “Cotto” which means baked or cooked.
1/4 cup light olive oil
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups pistachio nuts
1. Preheat oven at about 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. Add olive oil and sugar until mixed well in a large bowl. Blend the vanilla and almond in the eggs, then beat. Mix meal, salt and powder, and slowly mix into an egg mixture. Using your hand, combine the cranberries and nuts.
3. Divide the batter into half. Form two logs (12×2 inches) on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Wash your hands with cool water for better handling the dough, as it turns sticky.
4. Mix oil and sugar until well mixed in a large bowl. Add vanilla extract and mix with the almond then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder, then blend slowly into a mixture of eggs. Hand mix in cranberries and nuts.
5. Cut diagonal logs into thick slices of 3/4 inches. Place cookies covered with parchment on the sides. Bake about 8-10 minutes, or cool until dry.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.