It is never a bad time for the feast with all the plates we juggle in this life that can raise the spirits and spice a little! Good food is an exciting trip across the world, but we are not all able to spend money or extra time dreaming on a plane into the warm sands of Mexico. So … we thought why not take those tropical flavors home for a holiday? Trying new things in the kitchen may be a fun experience, but we also feel confident in knowing that food has a certain amount of tried and true ingredients to supply every household. You will find sweet, golden Mexican cheese on top and mixed inside these enchiladas, as well as rich cream cheese mixed with hot chicken seasoned with spicy spices and cool lime juice.
5 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups prepared salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese, divided
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper
4 scallions, thinly sliced
8 8-inch flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven at about 325 ° C.
2. In a medium dish, combine cream with sour cream. Add 1/2 teaspoon salsa. Add 1/2 cup of whatever type of cheese.
3. Toss the chicken, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and half of the scallions in a second bowl. Add a mixture of chicken to cheese and stir to blend.
4. Divide in the bottom of a baking platter around 1/2 cup of salsa. On the tortilla fill with 1/3 to 1/2 cup, roll up and put it down on the side of the seam dish. The rest of the tortillas are repeated.
5. Spread to cover the majority of the salsa on enchiladas. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese together.
6. Move it to the preheated oven and bake until hot and bubbly for 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle and serve warm with remaining scallions.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.