These Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas with Jalapeno are as delicious as they sound. We’re packing them so completely that they fill and good alongside a salad. These Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas with Jalapeno were the result of my purchase of pepper and this recipe has amazing Mexican-inspired flavors but are still so simple for a weekend.
3 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
1 large onion, minced
2 seeded and minced jalapeno peppers (wear gloves)
1 (8 Oz) package cream cheese
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp of ground cumin
1 (28 Oz) can green enchilada sauce
7 flour tortillas
8 Oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven at about 175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
2. Season chicken breasts with 1 cayenne pepper teaspoon, 1/2 garlic powder teaspoon, salt, and black pepper. Put in a baking dish.
3. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink inside in the preheated oven and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. Let the chicken cool down, then shred with 2 forks. Set aside some chicken.
4. In a big, non-stick pan, heat butter on medium heat. Stir in chunky cream cheese and allow cream-cream cheese to melt and soften until the onion translucent, around 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, and chili powder. Mix the meat in the fried chicken; remove from fire.
5. Pour half the green enchilada sauce into a 9×13-inch baking dish at the rim. Place tortillas on a working surface and put the chicken mixture in a line down the middle of each tortilla; sprinkle with approximately 1 tablespoon of Monterey Jack cheese per tortilla. Roll the tortillas, bring in the sauce, seam sides down, pour over the enchiladas the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle over the top of the remaining 4 ounces of Monterey Jack cheese.
6. Bake in the preheated oven, bubble and melt the cheese for 30 to 35 minutes, until filling is soft.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.