Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking: 1 hr 50 mins | Additional: 15 mins | Total: 2 hrs 20 mins | Servings: 3 | Yield: 3 servings
For weekdays, this is a simple and tasty recipe, or when friends and family come to visit. It’s a creamy chicken comfort food recipe with mushrooms that I got a lot of likes on when I do it around. If you’ve got a rice cooker, then cook some rice while the chicken rests. It is a perfect foundation for the creamy sauce and the chicken. This recipe will surely win you and your family over.
(3) eaches skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper or more to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
(1) medium white onion, chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp poultry seasoning
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
(1) (7 oz) can whole mushrooms, drained
(1) (10.5 oz) can condense cream of chicken soup
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup buttermilk
(4) slices Swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Use salt and pepper to season the chicken breast.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium to high heat. Add and cook the onion until it is semi-transparent, for 5 minutes. Add the parsley and stir until coated. Cook the chicken in the skillet until brown for 5 minutes per side. Coat the chicken with poultry seasoning and cayenne. Transfer it to a 9×13 inch dish, cover with mushrooms. Set aside on a warming plate.
3. In a mixing bowl, add and combine soup, heavy cream, and buttermilk. Add and combine onion mixture, then pour over the chicken. Cover with Swiss cheese on top, make sure to cover all areas.
4. In a preheated oven, bake the chicken until there are no longer pink in the center, for an hour and 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow 15 minutes to stand.
1. Instead of a canned mushroom, you can use fresh mushrooms. After removing the meat, add them to the skillet and cook until softened.
2. Use Swiss cheese instead of regular cheese, butter instead of olive oil, and whatever sort of onion you like.
3. You can cut the chicken in half lengthwise for more portions if you want smaller pieces of chicken for your servings.
4. After browning the chicken, feel free to add any extra spices you want. Change the spices if you like to make them spicy or mild.
Per Serving: 754 calories; 216.8 mg cholesterol; 1752.4 mg sodium; 40.2 g protein; 19.7 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.