Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
If you love the typical stroganoff beef, try our irresistible recipe for Chicken Stroganoff! For a simple weekend dinner, golden skinless chicken breasts were smothered in a full-flavored stroganoff sauce. Beef Stroganoff is a classic retro which we will love forever. A very great Beef Stroganoff does, however, include taking the time to slice the beef super thinly, as well as some deftness to ensure that the beef is seared to perfection and still juicy inside. In contrast, Chicken Stroganoff requires significantly less effort.
I like making this, as mentioned above, using whole skinless, boneless chicken breast so that they can be cooked long enough to be nicely brown. Instead, you could use pieces of bite-size, but on them, you can’t get as much color. I just season them lightly with garlic, salt, and pepper. I don’t need a lot of chicken flavor because this recipe is all about the Stroganoff Sauce
(4) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
(2) cups all-purpose flour for coating
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter
(1) (10.75 oz) can condense cream of chicken soup
(1 ¼) cups half-and-half cream
(1) (1 oz) package dry onion soup mix
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
(2) cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp browning sauce
1 cup sour cream
⅛ cup chopped green onion for topping
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, add and season the flour with salt and pepper to taste. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour to coat. Brown the coated chicken in melted butter or margarine in a large skillet until golden.
2. In a medium bowl, add and combine the soup, half-and-half, dry onion soup mix, parsley, garlic, mushrooms, nutmeg, and browning sauce. Mix it all and pour mixture over chicken in skillet. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered, for an hour.
3. Add and stir in sour cream and heat, but do NOT boil. Add chopped green onion on top. If desired, serve over noodles or rice.
Per Serving: 704.2 calories; 135.5 mg cholesterol; 1281.5 mg sodium; 41.4 g protein; 65.4 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.