I have studied what I have in my fridge and what my family eats in an effort for things to be as easy as possible. My family likes something flavored with tomato basil. My lifesavers have recently been slow cooker food. Throw away the chicken, crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, and some seasonings in the slow heater. I have many readers who have been working all day, so if you want to, you can start or end with cream cheese, whichever way you work best.
It was so delicious to taste the sauce. I’m a big tomato-fan and a big cream cheese-fan so they’ve been a match in heaven together. For this recipe, I loved to use chicken thighs. That’s why? They remain so humid, tender, and flavored. They break down very easily with a fork after being slowly cooked. I know many of you’re going to want chicken breasts, and that’s all right. They’re not going to be as tender and sugary.
4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
1 Old El Paso (roasted tomato Mexican sauce)
8 ounces uncooked pasta (penne or mostaccioli)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded if desired
1. In a 3 to 4-quarters, sprinkle with the cooking spray. Put the chicken in the slow cooker. Top with garlic, basil, salt and pepper, oregano, and salt.
2. Stir Alfredo sauce and tomatoes and cooking sauce together in a separate bowl. Pour over chicken mixture.
3. Cover, cook at low heat for five to six hours.
4. Cook pasta, as directed, 10 to 15 minutes before serving time. In a small bowl, add corn starch and water and mix in a slow cooker. Increase heat to High; cook 5 to 10 minutes longer, uncovered.
5. Serve pasta chicken; cheese on top.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.