Prep time: 25 min | Cooking: 20 min | Additional: 15 min | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
Crispy Chicken Parmesan is a traditional, seemingly loved dish by everyone. This crispy chicken parm is the best. It’s all so simple and delicious. Try this recipe, and make it simple for a weekend meal, or a special occasion.
(4) eaches skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
(1) pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
(2) tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup olive oil for frying
½ cup prepared tomato sauce
¼ cup fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
½ cup grated provolone cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven about 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Place chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Pound the chicken firmly with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Add and season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
3. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and set aside.
4. Add and mix bread crumbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl, set aside.
5. In a sifter or strainer, place flour; then sprinkle over chicken breasts, evenly coating both sides.
6. Dip flour-coated chicken breast in beaten eggs. Transfer breast to breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs into both sides. Repeat for each breast. Set the breaded chicken breasts aside for about 15 minutes.
7. Heat a cup of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Cook the chicken until golden, for 2 minutes per side. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven.
8. Add and place chicken in a baking dish and top each breast with about 1/3 cup of tomato sauce. Layer each of the chicken breasts with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and provolone cheese. Add and sprinkle 1 to 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese on top and drizzle with a tbsp of olive oil.
9. In the preheated oven, bake the chicken breasts for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbly, and the chicken has no longer pink in the center.
For a better result, use a high-quality prepared tomato sauce. You can substitute basil for pesto or dried Italian herbs of your choice for basil, or you can omit it entirely. Cut it into cubes while using fresh mozzarella, instead of shredding.
Per Serving: 470.8 calories; 186.7 mg cholesterol; 840.3 mg sodium; 42.1 g protein; 24.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.