Chicken Parmesan baked oven is easy to make and valuable every minute! Look no further if you love the crispy crumb coating vs. the soggy crumb. This is the best Parmesan chicken you’ve ever made. Chicken Parmesan is one of the most beloved and most popular chicken recipes worldwide. Chicken Parmigiana is also named Chicken Parmigiana. But chicken often comes out too dry or has not a sufficient taste or season. Instead of mozzarella, the sauce is bland or cheddar cheese is used.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cup panko bread crumbs, or more as needed
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp of all-purpose flour (add more if needed)
1 cup olive oil for frying
½ cup prepared tomato sauce
¼ cup fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
½ cup grated provolone cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the oven at about 230 ° C (450 ° F).
2. Put chicken breasts on a heavy level surface, between two heavy plastic sheets (stringing freezer bags work well). Pound chicken firmly with a 1/2-inch thickness on the smooth side of the meat mallet. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the chicken thoroughly.
3. Beat the eggs and set aside in a shallow bowl.
4. Combine bread crumbs and 1/2 c Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
5. In a sifter or strainer, place flour; coat both sides uniformly over the chicken breasts.
6. Dip the chicken covered in flour in the beaten eggs. Transfer chicken breast to the mixture of breadcrumb, press the crumbs on both sides. Repeat this for each chicken breast. Set aside for 15 minutes.
7. In a large skillet, heat 1 c of olive oil over medium to high heat until it simmers. Cook chicken, about 2 minutes on both sides, until golden. Finish cooking the chicken in the oven.
8. In a baking dish place the chicken and add around 1/3 c of tomato sauce on each breast. Spread the same amount of mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and provolone cheese in each chicken breast. Top of 1 to 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
9. Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 15-20 minutes before the cheese is bubbly browned, and chicken breast is not pink in the middle. The thermometer inserted into the middle should read at least 165 F (74 C) in an instant-reading position.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.