Say hello to the Cinnamon Roll Casserole crockpot AKA cinnamon rolls are the most delicious way to eat ever. Crispy around the edges and middle gooey just takes minutes to prepare and cook. Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole gets very crispy around the edges but remains in the middle a little gooey, and you get the best of both worlds.
As a child, Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls was my brother’s favorite breakfast. My mom would always make them for him. This recipe is simple to make with the same cooled rolls of cinnamon. Each unbaked roll of cinnamon is cut quarterly and mixed with the egg, maple, and mixture of half and a half, nearly like a bread pudding with a cinnamon roll. The result is a super tasty casserole breakfast suitable for your holidays.
(2) (12-ounce) tubes cinnamon roll dough, (1) cut in quarters
1/2 cup half-and-half or whipping cream
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup chopped pecans, optional
1. Spray cooking spray on a 6-quarter crockpot.
2. Place quarters of cinnamon roll into crockpot evenly.
3.Whisk the eggs, half-and-half, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl.
4. lowly pour the cinnamon rolls on top.
5. Sprinkle on top of pecans.
6. Spoon one of the icing containers that came over with the cinnamon rolls.
7. Set lid on the pot for 2 1/2 to 3 hours and cook on a lower pan. Test after 3 hours when your crockpot runs hot.
8. Cinnamon rolls should be brown golden around the bottom, and not gooey in the center.
9. Turn the crockpot off until finished, and spoon the second icing container on top. Serve warm.
For this recipe, I use refrigerated cinnamon rolls from Pillsbury. You may not get as good a result with off-brand cinnamon rolls, but you can still use any cinnamon rolls brand.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.