Break out the crockpot for a simple, delicious side dish when you’re cooking for a crowd. This dish is legendary stuff everywhere at potlucks. Don’t count on getting any leftovers the next day, but rewarm them in the microwave if you do, and eat them with scrambled eggs for a hearty breakfast the next day. These cheesy crockpot potatoes make a fantastic side dish to share with a crowd, or when combined with some crusty bread and good Italian salad, this recipe fills up enough for a full meal. Cheesy crockpot potatoes are pure and tasty comfort food. The crockpot ‘s long cooking time helps the potatoes to turn super soft and absorb lots of flavors. The crispy potatoes are fantastic and fascinating for dinner.
1 (32 oz) bag frozen diced potatoes
(1) medium onion diced
1 cup sour cream
(1) (10.5 oz) can of cream chicken soup
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper
4 tbsp butter melted
2 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Put the tomatoes, carrots, sour cream, chili, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, butter, and 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese into the crockpot.
2. Place on the lid and cook for 4 hours on low.
3. Remove the lid and scatter with the remaining cup of cheese and cover until the cheese melts for about 15 minutes.
1. Delicious potatoes are an absolute must for the best crockpot cheesy potatoes, using top quality. I highly recommend and use the Petite Gold (Gourmet) Potatoes
2. Thinly and uniformly split the potatoes in half. They are baked and tendered in their entirety.
3. Set the spice to the preferences of your family and yourself. This dish isn’t too spicy, but it gets a slight kick from the sausage and paprika. If you like your food mild (just know that this will reduce its flavor), you can leave the pepper off or substitute the sausage with ground beef). Alternatively, you can increase the paprika or replace the mild Italian sausage with hot Italian sausage, if you like your food spicy.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.