Dad’s Creamy Cucumber Salad is a refreshing staple at any picnic, barbecue or potluck in the summertime. Crisp cucumbers and fresh summer dill all tossed in a basic dressing with sour cream. This basic recipe is made in a snap with possibly already ingredients in the kitchen. The ideal side dish alongside the grilled chicken or grills takes only minutes to prepare. Particularly with a grilled maize side on the cob. At any time of year, this salad is great. But it is particularly delicious with the young, garden-grown cucumbers. You ‘re going to be surprised how simple the ingredients are; they ‘re staples in most fridges.
(2) large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
(1) sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp of sea salt
1 1/2 c mayonnaise (or more to taste)
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, combine cucumbers, sweet onion, and sea salt. Cover the plastic wrap bowl and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
2. Turn the cucumber mixture into a slurry put in a bowl, or sink, and let drain for about 30 minutes, stirring until most of the fluid has drained. Move drained cucumber mixture into a wide tub.
3. Add and stir mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, dill, garlic powder, and black pepper together, whisk until smooth in a bowl; pour over the mixture of the cucumber and stir to coat the dressing.
4. Cover with plastic wrap over the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
1. Clean, dry, cut, and freeze dill when it’s plentiful and inexpensive in the season so you can enjoy it all winter long.
2. White onions are optional, but this cucumber salad adds great flavor. Choose onions with the skin of white paper (not the yellow skin), because they are a little milder.
3. For this recipe, I prefer long English cucumbers because they are thin-skinned and do not need peeling.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.