There is a lot to say in salads with cucumbers. These are crunchy and crunchy, soothing, and a perfect way to bring some vegetables down. This version is all that, but it’s so much more. It’s also fast making, creamy, and accompanied with herby dill and the peppery radish bite. It’s enticing to keep you refresh during summer.
The salad is perfect for a picnic or dessert, but we prefer to serve it as a lunch side dish all week long. It hangs well in the fridge, so preparing this ahead of time is not a problem. But it can be hard to warn before you have to serve it not to eat it all yourself. While waiting for something so good can be difficult, a bit of patience pays off here. This salad only shines when it’s got time to absolutely chill out, so give it some time to sit out in the fridge before serving it. No matter what, the cucumbers are refreshing, but letting this salad chill not only gives the flavors a chance to meld, it also highlights the cool and creamy crispness that’s going on.
(2) large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
(1) sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp of sea salt
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1. Add the cucumbers, the sweet onion, and sea salt. Wrap it with plastic wrap in the bowl and let sit for 30 minutes.
2. Transfer the cucumber mixture into a colander set over a bowl or sink. Let it drain until the entire liquid drained. Frequently stir the mixture for about 30 minutes, and transfer the drained mixture cucumber in a bowl.
3. Add mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, dill, garlic powder, and black pepper together in a bowl, stir with a whisk until smooth; pour over the mixture of the cucumber and stir to cover the dressing.
4. Cover with plastic wrap over the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.