This recipe is a hit! I get to make this twice in a week because my kids love and crave for it always! It’s so satisfyingly delicious, you would want more!
24 whole Oreo cookies
6 tablespoons of melted butter
Pinch of kosher salt
4 (8-oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
4 large eggs
9 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped and melted
1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
3/4 cup heavy cream
Chocolate shavings, for garnish
1. Ready the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees and place an oven rack in the middle of the oven.
2. To make the crust. Place the Oreos inside a large Ziploc bag. Crush them until it forms a fine crumb (you can use a food processor with a metal blade, too). Transfer the Oreo crumbs into a bowl, pour the melted butter, and add salt. Stir until crumbs are moist and coated completely.
3. For the cheesecake. Use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to beat the cream cheese, sugars, cocoa powder, and salt until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, make sure to beat in between each addition. Then, fold in the melted chocolate.
4. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with a cooking spray. Pour and press the Oreo mixture in the pan and press 1/3 of the way up the sides, make sure it is tightly packed. Now, pour the cheesecake filling evenly over the crust.
5. Bake the cheesecake for an hour and 15 minutes or until only somewhat jiggly in the center. You can use a water bath to make sure the top of the cheesecake does not crack, just wrap the outside o the pan with aluminum foil before putting it in the baking dish. Place on the oven rack, then pour enough boiling water reaching half of the pan. And follow baking instruction. (If you use a water bath, make sure to remove the foil before putting inside the fridge until completely chilled, around 4 hours or overnight.)
6. To make the ganache, place the chocolate chips in a medium heatproof bowl. Set aside. In a small saucepan, place the heavy cream and heat over medium heat. Turn off the heat once bubbles begin to appear around the edge of the pan. Carefully pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips, constantly whisking until the sauce is smooth.
7. Now pour the ganache over the top of the cake. Decorate with chocolate shavings, then refrigerate for another 10 minutes to let the ganache set.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.